Howard Stern Shows Loyalty to Letterman Over Leno

Howard Stern Shows Loyalty to Letterman Over Leno

Howard Stern has never shied away from voicing his dislike for Jay Leno on the air. Just last week, he returned from his vacation with a vicious attack on the departed 'Tonight Show' host by analyzing Leno's parting monologue word-by-word.
He took the attack to David Letterman's desk on Monday, during his first appearance on the 'Late Show' in over a year.

Stern, a long Letterman loyalist,' was candid in his praise of Letterman and attack on Leno's farewell. "I haven't been here in a long time especially in light of everything going on in late night television. "We've got to beat this Conan, Stern told Dave. "How are you feeling that Jay left late night television and now you've got this new guy to compete with? I've got to say something about loyalty Dave put me on national television many many years ago before I was known, and I have stuck with Dave.' "I never liked Jay. I can't stand Jay. I've never seen anybody who behaves like a robot like this guy. I watched his final show, saying goodbye to the 'Tonight Show,' reading it off a teleprompter." Pointing to Letterman, he shouts "HERE'S the host that we want to watch."

source